Thursday, January 28, 2010

Who Needs Groundhog Day to Predict Spring's Arrival?

Yes, snow is on the ground and the temperature is somewhere around 15 degrees. But I know that spring is around 8 weeks away. Why so sure, you may ask? Because I've found my annual Inappropriate Item of Clothing to Wear in Winter to obsess over.

It has happened every year since I was a teenager. I remember the satin baseball jacket in cherry red that I  saw in the February 1977 Seventeen magazine. It was beautiful. I was in disco heaven when I tracked down a knockoff. Fast forward 30 or so more years and the object of my desire is lovingly displayed to my left - the JCrew leather flat in Pale Oak.  As delicate and pretty as a pair of pristine ballet slippers, they would certainly disintegrate at event the thought of trudging through the slushy NE Ohio snow.

My local B&M had the shoe in stock right after the holidays. I tried a pair on, thinking it was a sale item. After I discovered it was newly stocked and the $98 price tag was firmly in place, I reluctantly put the pair back. But I've been mentally Polyvoring them with  all my clothing, furiously fanning my obsession. Do you think I can wait for the inevitable spring 20% off full price item promotion or will I cave & pay full price? Will they sell out, due to my contemptable common shoe size (8)? Or will I manage to ignore them altogether until the obsession wears off around mid-April. Stay tuned, my friends.........

3 comments:

  1. get them! i become obsessive over things too...like my neverfull LV that i will be getting, so get them before they sell out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Old Navy has a similar pink pair for 20 dollars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm holding out so far, but they are happily sitting in my online shopping cart. $20 @ ON? Hmmmm.......

    ReplyDelete