Thursday, January 21, 2010

A Day of Meetings

Today I've been at meetings from 8am to 7:30pm. Kind of brutal, but all really interesting ones about the state of the city. The thing is, they were all downtown, so I was on the run from points A through F, mostly on foot. My OOTD was a fun one, though - the Butterscotch schoolboy blazer, a black jersey pencil skirt from about 3 years ago, the famous cotton check shirt, a white tank and the cheetah print belt. I wore some JCrew mid-heel boots I've had for 3 or so years - they are very comfortable and hardy to walk those sidewalks! Pairing the checked shirt & the cheetah print belt was a bold choice I've never done before, but I think it worked out pretty nice - the combo energizes the neutral blazer. The knit skirt is so comfy and has these bronze buttons in the back I love. I didn't have time to consider jewelry this morning, maybe a bracelet or gold pendant necklace.


Yes, I took the pic in the bathroom - I knew this was the only chance I'd have to take one with a nice full length mirror!

3 comments:

  1. He he, I have considered taking my OOTD pics in the bathroom at work, too. When you're running out the door in the morning, it's almost easier to just get it done there. :-) Great outfit, it does look fun and comfy for walking around to all those meetings. Love the blazer on you and liked how you paired the belt and the checked shirt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you styled the light blazer with the checked shirt. very chic, yet comfortable. i take my pics at work ALL OF THE TIME! lol! NoJCrewinJapan is right, just seems easier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outfit above is SUPERB!

    ReplyDelete