Went to see a musical with the King on Saturday and broke out the wonderful JCrew Metallic Cloque skirt from Fall 08 for the occasion. This isn't a workhorse skirt, with its delicate metallic thread work, but it is certainly an eyecatcher. You don't need a fancy top or jewelery as the skirt does the heavy lifting - I only had on a wool turtleneck and accessorized with the JCrew flower belt thingy, which I'm really getting some use out of. I also slipped on the Majesty Stone bracelet for some wrist candy.
We saw Ain't Misbehavin', a wonderful musical of the music of Thomas 'Fats' Waller. It was hard listening to 'Honeysuckle Rose' and not hear the incomparable Nell Carter's voice. I miss her!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
LOve this look. I think Fall 08 was my *favorite.* They had the most gorgeous pieces. You look great, I love the simplicity -- very elegant!
ReplyDeletegorgeous skirt and color!
ReplyDeleteYou look fantastic. I love that skirt. Looks great w/the belt. Question...are you wearing a nude bra? It's photographing as a light color and I'm wondering if it's nude. If that's the case, it's something for me to think about for evening events involving photography. I don't see your email, otherwise I would have asked offline.
ReplyDeletegigi - you busted me! ;) it's a nude bra and a little satiny which would be reflective with a flash. The black sweater was not see thru, but a light weight. Curse you VS! It is a lesson learned - luckily there was no paparazzi out at the play, lol!
ReplyDeleteOh. My. God. I die. I LOVE your outfit. This is a skirt I had and had to give up when I gained weight. I've been looking for it in another size ever since!! If I ever find it I will be the happiest woman on earth. Seeing how great you look in it just makes me all the more desperate to find it.
ReplyDeleteoh yes, me likey the skirt! FAB!
ReplyDeleteSo cute!
ReplyDeleteThanks for the kind words, Ladies! Even looking at the skirt in my closet cheers me up. Desert Flower - I hope the Ebay gods smile on you & you find the skirt for a sweet price. NoCrew, I did some damage in Fall 08 in clothes for special occasions, I got the Jardin dress, too which I haven't worn yet.
ReplyDeleteJen, I found it! Not long after I posted here, it popped up. In my size with a buy it now. I bought that thing so fast!!!! I hope I look half as good as you.
ReplyDeleteYay Desert Flower! I'm sure you'll rock that skirt. Congrats!!
ReplyDeleteYou look so polished and put together!
ReplyDelete