Sunday, January 17, 2010

OOTE (Evening, that is)



Last night the King & I went out to an event held by a client of his. It was billed as semi-formal, but there was everything from ballgowns to knit miniskirts to flat boots & casual skirts. I was - quelle suprise - JCrewed out in a 'vintage' black lace skirt, from circa 1998-2000, the cute black floral belt thingie from 2009 and to add an edgey feel, a white cotton t-shirt. I bought the red satin peep-toe mary janes from zappos a couple of years ago.

Since it was not so cold, I opted for a JCrew dress coat that's around 4 years old - it closes with a single hook and eye at the waist and a leather-ish belt. I love its clean lines, but it's not useful when snow is flying. Also, the King bought me a cool stainless steel clutch for Christmas - it's beautifully made, but tiny! I can't even get my blackberry in it - he had to carry it in his breast pocket. I do love small purses, though.
Speaking of the King, he wore the JCrew Aldridge pin stripe jacket I bought him for Christmas. I love JCrew's men's styling, but man, oh man, they love the slender cuts! The Aldridge is the most forgiving, and it doesn't offer that much room. The Ludlow is for super slender guys. My husband wears JCrew pretty well, but those slender cuts scare him a bit.

1 comment:

  1. Oh I am loving the skirt with the tee. It's beautiful! You look great!

    ReplyDelete