Saturday, January 9, 2010


My office is based in my home, but I do a lot of running around several days of the week. On Thursday mornings, you can find me at City Hall, because I chair both a commission & a committee that meet on that day.

This week has turned into a classic January week in northeastern Ohio - snow via clippers and lake effects. We've had it easy so far, but you eventually have to pay the piper in snow days, bad driving and loads of clothes! This Thursday, I defied the snow gods by wearing cute boots with my wool jersey jumper from JCrew 06 or 07, the Anjou necklace, cotton turtleneck and patterned tights. It's very black/white which is kind of rare for me these days. I did top it off with my favorite JCrew hot pink coat that I got, probably in 2003 or so. Never underestimate the power of a bright & happy colored coat in winter. It makes not only you happy, but people who see you. I always get a cheery reception in that coat from folks looking for relief from the grey & white winter landscape.

I don't know what that schmutz is on my boot in this photo, it wasn't on the boot, but on the mirror - I need some windex, apparently!.

No comments:

Post a Comment