Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Tricky Dream


I got some JCrew goodies on Monday - one of which was my Soft Blossom Dream Turtleneck. I've been really fixated on the pale pink colors since the fall - blush, pale/dusty/soft blossom, butterscotch. It's meant to be part of Jenna Lyons' nude makeup palette, but obviously, it isn't my skin tone. It does bring out the golden hue in my complexion, though so it's a winner (I digress: I love how certain colors bring out the different tones in my skin - yellows make me look browner, pinks can make me look either golden or brown, tans/khaki browns are dicey - directly next to my skin, they tend to wash me out).
I was all excited about my turtleneck, so when it came, I ripped it out of the plastic immediately. Hmmm, I thought after inspection, they must've packed this one inside out because the shoulder & side seams were showing. I reversed it and the neck seams & label were visible. Who was smoking what when they sewed up this sweater? I started to reach for the JCrew hotline number as I checked the description online for the item #. Oh. It was designed for the seams to show.
We gave a classic turtleneck sweater a modern twist by leaving the seams at the armhole and sides exposed, creating a handmade feel that adds just the right special touch. 
Indeed. Seems someone has a little too much time on their hands in the JCrew sweater design dept.
Seriously, the quirky detail has grown on me and I really like it now. And the color looks fab with the Dusty Blossom Libretto necklace, doesn't it?

2 comments:

  1. I *do* like that combo. Very pretty on you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the pinks too--
    "Whisper Pink"--"Soft Blossom" really great faint pink colors! You do have a really pretty skin tone!

    ReplyDelete