Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Catching Up

Hello all - been a minute! Las week was very hairy - the Prince hit the spring illness trifecta of pinkeye, ear infection and allergies. Of course, his pediatrician was out of the office on vacation, so I had to go to the back-up he selected, and who I never saw before. She gave him the usual prescriptions for the pinkeye and ear infection, but an odd routine for dosing for the allergies. Anyway, the kid is on the mend (he never was really sick acting, just off school) and it looks like the King & I dodged getting the dreaded of all childhood diseases, pinkeye. I got it once from a friend's kid and it was truly wretched. Echhhh!


Anyway, here are some outfits I sported late last week and early this one. I got the black blossom cardi a few weeks and & love it. It's paired with a black wool pencil skirt and pale pink patent mary janes. It you look closely, you can spot the majesty bracelet, too. It's been in the 40's & low 50's here in NEOhio and there is a definite need for a spring coat. May favorite is a sky blue light wool number from Doncaster I picked up a few years ago for too high a price. But I couldn't resist that color! It makes me happy every time I wear it & I don't mind the cool temps, either. Sorry for the blurry picture, though.


And the last outfit is a returning dress I blogged about a few months ago. I was trying to figure out how to cover up the low cut bodice because the dress is definitely an suiting design, except for the plunge. I decided to wear a rust colored scarf - similar to the catalog photo. The cool weather makes it a logical accessory. I wore this last Thursday and Monday. I promise to break out of the black/white/blossom rut soon - I do have some interesting items to post about and may even do a recreation of an outfit I wore Friday nite to a ladies club meeting I hosted. I was in a rush & didn't take a picture, but it was a fun outfit, but it falls into the beige/black family again - blame the weather!!

1 comment:

  1. hey stranger! i like these looks. i have the blossom cardi as well. it's so fun and classy. i truly enjoy it as well. i really like that blue coat! i'm in the home of the tarheels, and if i had it i would be happy when i wore it too!

    ReplyDelete