Friday, April 9, 2010

Happy Friday

Hello all  - it's back to being a little crisp here in NEOhio, and the sinus infection lingers, draining me of energy by early evening. Oh well. At least things are in bloom.....whoops, just got a Twitter saying there's snow in the area! And to think I was chided by a friend for wearing a short-sleeved cashmere tee Tuesday evening because it was so hot. That's April by Lake Erie for you.
Anyway, here's a photo from mid March. Rather conservative at first glance, but it was a multi-meeting downtown day.
Michael Stars tee
JCrew long charcoal Boyfriend jacket (a real go-to piece this spring)
JCrew capris
Jessica Simpson leopard print pumps
JCrew belt
I love how JCrew has emphasized the operable buttons on the jacket arm cuffs. The striped lining adds a great punctuation. And my fave belt seems standard until you get close to it and spot the studding. As I was traveling around downtown on foot, several ladies complimented my ensemble that day - surely because of the shoes & belt & maybe turned-up cuffs, which almost operated as bracelets. I felt good because I've historically been lean on accessories & have been recently trying to use them more to sharpen my outfits. Maybe I could've added a necklace to this - possible the Colletto I just bought? Hmmm.
Oh, geez - looking out my window & snow is falling on my flower-laden pear tree. Rats!

2 comments:

  1. cute look. snow!? omg! stay warm, and i hope your sinuses clear. my husband has the worst allergies, so i can only imagine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You always look so polished! do you work out or are you naturally so 'long and lean!?'
    smile

    ReplyDelete