Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Films, Sinuses and Finally, Beautiful Weather!

Hello everyone - sorry for the lack of updates, but it's been a crazy few weeks. When I left you last, the local film festival was about to start and I was honored to be a judge for the independent short films competition. I love films & have been going to and volunteering at the festival for 20 years, so this was heaven for the 10 days of the festival. The 2 other judges & I viewed over 90 shorts (films from 2-30 minutes long) and picked about 10 for special awards. In addition, I saw about 30 regular length films and 1 of my companies sponsored a documentary about surfers on Lake Erie. I had a whole lot of fun & saw some really good films. Of course things were hectic at home w/me seeing 2-5 movies a day and I was super-behind in everything when it ended last Sunday. Add to that, I got a sinus infection towards the end of the festival that I'm still trying to shake (the weather is transitioning here, so it's 70 deg one day and 36 deg 8 hours later).
So I've been trying to recover and catch up on all things very slowly. At least the weather is balmy - it's almost summerlike, frankly. I'm not complaining at all! Easter was wonderful - the family went out and had brunch outside at one of out favorite restaurants. I'll post on my JCrew ensemble later.
Here's a pic from the festival where we're announcing the shorts winners - notice my Target skirt from the fall. And the probable cause for the sinus infection was that one day I had to wear those JCrew Ballet Flats I was lusting over in a previous post and it was a bit too cold for them. Two days later I was sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment