.
Hello all! it's warming up here in NEOhio and the warmer clothes are starting to make their appearance! I did bust out some oldies but goodies in the last week or two - namely, my favorite Sadie short trench (I finally sewed back on the 2 buttons that fell off last year). I love the bracelet sleeve length - I feel like such a '60's lady in it. Maybe one day, I'll actually wear some dainty gloves with it. I'm still got a little wear out of my butterscotch club pant before the weather heated up. I have to admit that I'm still rocking the neutrals - we'll see if that continues into later spring.

I'm also wearing JCrew's Crystal Devote necklace, which looks so well with the neutrals. It is so distinctive and I think looks better in real life than shown alone on the website, where is seems a little 'kitchen sink'-ish. It's a lovely length and the varied elements - beads, chains, ribbons and rhinestone brooch pieces - are nicely balanced. It's actually not a piece that screams "look at me" like you'd think. It adds a bit of drama to an outfit without going overboard.
A skirt that always gets attention when I wear it is this silk striped pleated number from several years ago - maybe '06 or '07. As I recall, it might have been one of the first collection items. It's a departure from my usual pencil skirts, finally! I always marvel at how well-constructed this skirt is - for being all silk, it's quite sturdy and substantial. The matching of the stripes at the seams and the pleats is impeccable.
A few words on the Cole-Haan 'Carma' pumps I'm wearing - they are from the Air Nike collaboration. These shoes are my go-toos. They are so comfortable (due to the built-in cushioning) that I can practically run in these 4" heels. On days where I'm running around downtown, they make my life easier.
I love the first look with the trench and the club pants. I'm loving the neutrals as well and this is a great ensemble!
ReplyDeleteTotally digging the trench and club pants, too - love it!!
ReplyDeleteQuestion on the Cole Haan Nike Air Pumps...in the past when I have tried on some of the Nike Air items (ok, 1 time at the outlet), I found them to be very narrow. I have wide feet, at least at the front, so they were NOT comfy at all. But a few weeks ago, I picked up a pair of CH NA driving mocs at Nordstrom Rack that fit like they were made for me. What's your take on the width of these shoes - do they tend to run narrow or wide? I love the idea of the sneaker comfort in a pump. TIA!
Thanks Heidi & NoCrew!
ReplyDeleteHeidi -I have average width, but flat feet and usually have trouble when the shoes are narrow at the arch point. The CH Carmas fit very comfortably - they've even stretched out somewhat with wear, though I've had them forever. I say give them another chance, and if the Carmas don't fit, there may be another CH NA pump that does.
I just found your blog... saw your comment today on Gigi's "Let's Talk" post on dressing your age and I was intrigued enough to follow the link that led to your blog. Have to tell you I LOVE our style! As a fit 49-yr old J Crew aficionada as well, I appreciate how you add a touch of hip & edgy (yet very age-appropriate) to their classic preppy style. Hope you keep posting your outfits!
ReplyDelete