Monday, February 15, 2010

Post Valentine's Day Wrap-up

Hope you all had a Valentine's Day full of sweetness! We had a laid-back one - chocolate, wii games and Olympics, with a family lunch out and skis-shopping for the prince mixed in. The prince is taking lessons this year so we bought him some gently used ones & some boots from Play It Again Sports. I wore my pink boot cut cords, yellow tie cardigan and sparkling tissue tee, an odd lot, but it worked (don't look at my red slippers!).
So are you all enjoying the Winter Olympics? The speed skating on Saturday night had us all screaming at the tv - what a finish! I was very happy for Apollo Ohno and JR Celski. Also Johnny Spillane's silver medal in the Nordic Combined - one of the sports that it seemed the US would never make any traction in. The pairs skating has not caught my attention yet this year - I was sort of bored last night to be honest. I, like many people followed skating in the 1980's & 90's very closely, but not so much recently. Not sure if it's the lack of US (or any country)star power or something else I can't identify.
I'm excited that the Prince is, at 7 years old, finally getting into the Olympics. He's eagerly awaiting the appearances of snowboard star Shaun White and speed skater Shani Davis.
And yay for Canada on their gold medal in the moguls!

7 comments:

  1. I LOVE pink and yellow together. Such great colors for you, too!

    I love the Olympics, but really only the Summer games, I just can't seem to get into the ones that involve ice and snow (brrrr!). Plus I am a swim coach, so that must be part of it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dina! I guess having lived all my life with snow & ice, I'm drawn to fun things to do with it, hee hee!
    Actually, the Prince is a true fish in the water - if he has Olympic potential, it would be as a swimmer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I still recall the Lillehammer Olympics and the speed skater Johann Olav Koss... My first Norwegian crush. :-) Then I found hubs, my "of-norwegian-heritage" love. LOL. I love the cords you have on. I really wanted that color when it came out. Can't believe your son is taking lessons at 7! So great that the kids are into things like that at a young age.

    ReplyDelete
  4. NoJCrew - YES!! 'Koss Is The Boss!!' I loved that guy, too. I hope he shows up in the crowd - they usually point him out.
    Those pink cords are definitely happy pants that help offset the snow & slush!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love your outfit! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Luve the tee with the yellow cardi and rose colored pants! Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i like all of these nice warm tones together. nice look.

    ReplyDelete