Monday, February 22, 2010

Contrast Pencil Skirt Heartbreak (not really)

Well, ladies, it felt quite tropical here in NE Ohio yesterday - quite sunny & in the mid-40's. Some of the show has melted & I almost felt like ditching the boots for something cuter (but not quite). One thing I love about having all 4 seasons is that one day in winter like Sunday that lets you know spring is right around the corner - it's literally something in the air that you can almost smell, like grass starting to grow.

Also, in promise of spring, I headed to the B&M in Friday to check out the merch. I picked up the new catalog (filled with normal women as models!) bought the black blossom miniskirt, preordered Jenna's cardigan in black and tried on the Contrast Pencil Skirt . I had big hopes for this skirt, but alas, it was not to be. It was a classic case of being between sizes and with a skirt like this, especially with that black trim running down the back, it HAS to fit perfectly. The sz2 was too tight at the bum, but the sz4 was more a-line and frankly it looked sort of blah. Too bad for me - I get to save $118!
See the grisly photos below - the 2 is the front view, the 4 is the rear/side view.
  

6 comments:

  1. I wonder if the the linen blend would have some give after a few wearings. I actually like the size 2 on you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to agree with the last poster. I agree, the 2 looks good on you. You should consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha! If I posted the rear shot of the 2 (I couldn't bring myself to do it), you both might reconsider! That black butt stripe was screaming, LOL! What I'm hoping, is now that I can exercise again after my back disk injury, by the time the skirt goes on sale, my tush might fit better in the skirt. I'll keep you posted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found that skirt too thin and every lump and bump showed, not to mention my no-show undies! It's so pretty, I really wanted it to work. I thought it was a raw silk, not linen, but I could be wrong. Anyway, its a no for me, not even on sale.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I tried the skirt on as well and just couldn't do the back stripe. The size 2 fit is great on you. It looks just like the way a pencil skirt should fit.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just saw this skirt today in a full price store...didn't try it on though. it's actually on sale...if that changes things. lol. i like the 2 on you as well, but i understand how it is when something doesn't work like you want it to.

    ReplyDelete