Friday, March 5, 2010

Snow & Sun

Hey everyone! It's been a sunny week here in NE Ohio and that's done wonders for everyone psyche. I guess Mother Nature decided to treat us after a particularly snowalicious Friday last week. Not at all a snowpocalypse, but enough to close all the schools and put the city in a low grade kerfluffle.
As I had a meeting to go to last Friday morning, the Prince had to tag along, loaded down with a backpack of wonderfulness to keep him occupied (food, laptop, drink pouch, more food, books). He was a trouper, as usual - made friends, collected business cards (!), posed for pictures, all while still being an adorable 7 year old. We enjoyed a wonderful lunch at a restaurant that only serves hot dogs, with a menu of about 50 toppings - and tater tots. Then we trekked to a local tv station where a mothers' club I'm in arranged a behind the scenes tour for the kiddies. Even with the snow, there were almost 50 kids there - I think most of the moms were, er, enthusiastic about getting the kids out of the house after spending most of the day inside.
At 6pm, I handed off the Prince to the King and continued to another ladies' group i'm in for a dinner meeting & had drinks after with a friend. Snow Day, what snow day? No rest for the weary - I was up from 7am til 1:30am.
So here I am yesterday in my JCrew yellow (in honor of the sun) tie cardi & black chinos. The scarf is also JCrew from a few year's back. It is a wonderful silk stripe that perked up the solid colors. Well, this Saturday is my birthday, so I'll be back with some fun stuff, hopefully!

1 comment:

  1. you look so cheerful. i like how you stood in front of that pic to bring out the colors of your ensemble.:) it's so nice to have great children that can just go with the flow, when it's usually not expected. we're finally getting sun too....so ready for spring!

    ReplyDelete