Monday, February 8, 2010

Baby, It's Cold Outside!!



Well, the show has fallen & the temperature in the teens. Things could be a lot worse & I'm not complaining - this is how we earn our stripes here in the midwest! Frankly, December and most of January were pretty mild. I was getting worried - I'd rather have my snow in January & February, not March & April.


So I thought I'd give you an OOTD reflecting the season - My JCrew bootcut cords, black turtleneck, Peacoat w/thinsulate (natch) from '06, I believe, and the '09 Aran gold cap & scarf. Notice my subtle tribute to the New Orleans Saints' Superbowl win with the black & gold. On Mondays, I volunteer in the Prince's 1st & 2nd grade class to teach them French so we discussed 'les fleurs de lis' and the frenchy New Orleans and their reason to start the Mardi Gras celebrations 1 week early. 


I'm going a bit slow this week & last because I injured my back (a cervical disk, to be specific, per the doctor) that gives me back and shoulder pain plus numbness & tingling in my right arm & hand. I guess I did this exercising and/or sleeping funny. The doc says it'll go away on its own & gave me some REALLY strong muscle relaxants that I can't take if I want to drive my son to school or work or not be a zombie for 18 or so hours. SO I've been hitting the heating pad a lot. It is improving, but I'm getting antsy to return to my workout routine (revised, of course).


Stay warm, everyone!

3 comments:

  1. well don't you look warm! like the pops of color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Is there nothing you can't do? OMG I'm so jealous you are teaching the kids french. My french is si mauvais and definitely not fit for teaching impressionable youth! I love the snow colored cords with the black t-neck. Very chic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG. How did I just find your blog? Tis very cute! Thank you for coming over to mine and commenting. I am so following yours now! :)

    BTW, I don't think you would look at all like Baby Huey in a size 14 crewcuts top. Based on what I have seen, you could definitely rock some of their tops, 100%!

    ReplyDelete