Friday, May 28, 2010

SATC2 Premiere Party

Hi All & Happy Memorial Day Weekend! The weather is delightful on a regular basis now and the weekend is shaping up to be fun-filled, what with the King getting a new car (a hybrid {yay} and making lemonade from the bitter lemon of being in a car accident last week - rear ended on his way to work - resulting in the totaling of his beloved Subaru), a roller skating birthday party for the Prince to go to, cook-out at my bro & sis in-laws, a pool party and a dinner meeting tonight with my ladies club, to kick it off.
Last night, I went out with my girlfriends to see the new Sex & the City 2 movie that was a fundraiser for a local children's hospital.  They had appetizers & wine, manicures, hair styling and a contest for who best resembled the 4 characters. I went as Carrie. I picked the dress up off the Target website. It was a great fit...if I was about 3 bra cup sizes smaller! The bottom part fit great (if a little poufy in the back - there's a lot of air 'back there' in the pic) but I could only zip the zipper with the help of a sports bra and a stick of butter (just joking about the butter). The dress came in the mail Wednesday, so I couldn't return & buy a larger size. I did take the hem up a few inches, too. I simply love that color and for $39, it's pretty well constructed!
The shoes are black Report Signature and have 5" heels, making me close to 6'-1". I was one of the tallest people there - it was like being in 6th grade again! They were remarkably comfortable, but keep in mind I was sitting for 2.5 hours.....
So, how was the movie, you ask? Not bad - the reviews it's been getting are miserable, so I wasn't expecting much. There was little plot and the Abu Dhabi clothes were a tad costumy for my tastes. My main beef was that both movies lost the subtle nuances of the women that were so nicely drawn in the series. I did like the characters a bit more in this movie than the first - I had no patience for Carrie's bridezilla craziness in the first one although she was still selfish in this one, too. Samantha was doing the same schtick, Miranda was a lot less strident and Charlotte a little less cartoony in No.2.  But I got a chance to go out with my best buds and the sushi dinner afterwards made a wonderful evening so it was a win-win for me!
So I hope everyone has a fantastic Memorial Day weekend filled with friends, family & food!

4 comments:

  1. Love the dress with those killer heels! Thanks for the SATC2 review. I find when I catch a rerun of the series now, the characters, especially Carrie, are *incredibly* selfish. The whole thing is like a cartoon. Hopefully they are done with the sequels now.

    Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the entire look! You look great! I did one similar to it it was a jcrew summer dress that had the same shade as yours with a black belt and shoes as well =) great minds think alike ;) Sorry to hear about the accident. Glad all is well and that you got a Hybrid! Thanks for the review. Was going to see it but read the reviews so figured i would just wait for the BR to come out. Now I want to go and see it =) Have a great weekend Jen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yes, you are "carrie-ed" out! i love it...looks just like her look in pt.1. i MUST have those shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could tell you were a "Carrie"! I hope all is well, miss "seeing" you around!

    ReplyDelete