Hi All - Happy St. Patrick's Day!! It was a beautiful, albeit occasionally chilly day here in northeastern Ohio, and the town was all topsy-turvy with parade-goers. It's usually a raucous affair downtown and I tend to avoid it, but I scheduled a Wednesday lunch meeting without checking the actual date. It worked out fine - I took public transportation & avoided sky-high in-town parking rates and left the drunk-dodging to the bus driver!

Anyway, I did go to the nearby Target to investigate the Liberty merch a bit closer this morning. The store didn't have half of the cute things I've seen on blogs in the past few days - they did have swimsuits, the tunics, the red floral dress, an interesting 1 shouldered maxi and some cute short dresses that did not look too hot on me. The dresses with the elasticized bodices were also darling, but on closer review, it was evident that there was not enough elastic width to contain the girls. I ended up getting the much admired Peacock-green print sleeveless top. I did have to size up to a medium, as
Dina astutely advised. I promptly wore it today as a subtle green to celebrate the Irish. I paired it with the JCrew toothpick cords and a brown leather jacket I picked up at Nordstrom a few years back.
I also got an item I hadn't seen in the usual lineup of blogged-about Liberty items: a jumpsuit!

Now, I've taken a dim view of the latest jumpsuit trend - nothing seemed wearable to me. And when I picked up the jumpsuit to try on, I thought it was a maxi dress, until I was trying it on and saw there were pants legs. But when I got the thing on, I realized it wasn't so bad, and could be a fun summer piece to wear out to dinner, a picnic or relaxing out in the yard. I got a medium, which was fine for a flowy, comfy fit but suspect that a small would've been okay, too (the elastic waistband tends to slide down a bit, which I noticed at home). Of course, the smalls were all gone, but no worries - a fun belt or sash keeps the waist in place. I paired a silk JCrew tie from way back when to add a pop of fuchsia. Some bracelets and earrings will really make this sing.

All in all, I think the Liberty line is a solid success for Target. The craftsmanship and material selection is good, all of the prints are beautiful and there is enough variation that you don't feel that you'll run into someone in the same outfit around every corner. I haven't seen much of the other types of items (other than the wellies I picked up Sunday), but they look adorable, too. Maybe I'll get some teacups & plates to match my jumpsuit & use them to entertain out on the deck come June, hee, hee!
I love your buys. I wore my Peacock print top today too. I wanted to get the jumpsuit but it's way too long on me. I love the sash you added.
ReplyDeleteI also got the jumpsuit...it was really the only piece out of the collection that I wanted, too. I think it's going to be supercute this spring and summer for *casual chic* looks. :)
ReplyDelete@audreyballa - yes, the jumpsuit is on the long side - I need a little heel w/it, I'd be tripping with flip flops!
ReplyDelete@FFM - the print really grew on me! I was first seduced by the great colorful prints of the other items, but kept being drawn back to the black & white. I'm excited to debut it this summer, too!
I want a jumpsuit but can't get into the print ones. Nice pieces and I like the peacock print on you. I added your link to my post on the collection.
ReplyDeletenice finds. i visited target to view, and they didn't have much either. i think i want the liberty wallet thats in a turq. print.
ReplyDeleteYour Liberty of London picks are PERRFECT on you!!! You are rockin' them out! In the jumpsuit you remind me of my Fashion Icon--Tracee Ellis-Ross!!! :) (Diana Ross' Daughter has the slamming style)
ReplyDelete