
Before I just dive in with posts, let me give you some perspective on me & this blog. I'm going to post on this blog on light & fun stuff that makes me smile - fashion, movies, stuff I make or would like to make, funny family & friend stories. I'll leave information on my business and civic passions on other social media outlets.
Anyway, speaking of fashion, let me tell you now I have an unhealthy obsession with JCrew! About 85% of my wardrobe comes from there. I've shopped there for 20 years or so. I love the direction Jenna Lyons has taken the women's clothing and tend to veer towards some of their fashion forward designs. Even though I'm in my mid forties, I do not play by conventional wisdom of what is 'appropriate' for my age. Half the battle with defining style is wearing what makes you most comfortable and brings you joy.
My style is classic, sexy and colorful. I'm 5'-8" and wear anywhere from a small/0-4 bottoms and sml-med/6 on top. My biggest fashion challenge is a large bustline (D) that plays havoc with non-stretchy tops.
Photo is of Pat Cleveland, legendary Black model
Yep--I'm with you on the unhealthy J. Crew Obsession and need HELP bigtime! I just love J. Crew--the colors the quality--sooo fabulous--one of my favorite things in life!
ReplyDeletep.s. Love the color of the dress above...reminds me of J. Crew's Light Berry! :)
Good for you ~ I totally agree, I don't play by 'age appropriate' either; I think its whatever rocks your boat. You look fab.
ReplyDelete